Outcomes Assessment is the process of gathering evidence of student learning, reviewing the evidence to determine if students are learning what they are expected to learn, and using this evidence to review and improve courses and programs. The mission of the Outcomes Advisory Council (OAC) is to guide and support Waubonsee’s outcomes assessment process both to continually improve teaching and learning and to help Waubonsee meet accreditation standards.
The primary goals of the OAC are to:
- Recommend and promote guidelines related to outcomes assessment at the college;
- Develop and communicate a culture of continuous improvement through teaching, learning, curriculum and instruction;
- Support and provide feedback on training for outcomes assessment activities;
- Provide input on the creation of an institutional outcomes assessment plan and encourage the use of high-impact institutional practices; and
- Review institutional outcomes assessment data, provide feedback and recommendations for communication and next steps related to the data.
Although OAC membership includes a minimum of two faculty members from each division, we welcome all interested faculty and staff.
|Liaisons and Co-Leaders:||Justin Hoshaw and Evan Thomas|
|Academic Support:||Spencer Brayton, Michelle Lindquist, and Melissa Morgan|
|Business, Technology and Workforce Education:||Derek Schreiner and Justin Kline|
|Health Professions and Public Service:||Drea Brus, Tracy Limbrunner, Mike Moran, and Marjie Schoolfield|
|LAS/Communication, Humanities & Art:||Sharon Garcia, Jon Nichols, and Sarah Quirk|
|LAS/Science & Math:||Steve Kifowit and Lorrie Stahl|
|LAS/Social Sciences:||Elior Iseli and Heather LaCost|
|Co-curricular:||Julie Bechtold, Hoitung Leung and Scott Peska|
|Office of Learning Outcomes and Curriculum:||Kathleen Gorski and Terry Lyons|
Interested in becoming an OAC member? Contact an Outcomes Assessment Liaisons for more information:
Justin Hoshaw, Assistant Professor of Biology - email@example.com
Evan Thomas, Assistant Professor of Biology - firstname.lastname@example.org
2021-2022 OAC Meetings