Outcomes Assessment is the process of gathering evidence of student learning, reviewing the evidence to determine if students are learning what they are expected to learn, and using this evidence to review and improve courses and programs. The mission of the Outcomes Advisory Council (OAC) is to guide and support Waubonsee’s outcomes assessment process both to continually improve teaching and learning and to help Waubonsee meet accreditation standards.
The primary goals of the OAC are to:
- Recommend and promote guidelines related to outcomes assessment at the college;
- Develop and communicate a culture of continuous improvement through teaching, learning, curriculum and instruction;
- Support and provide feedback on training for outcomes assessment activities;
- Provide input on the creation of an institutional outcomes assessment plan and encourage the use of high-impact institutional practices; and
- Review institutional outcomes assessment data, provide feedback and recommendations for communication and next steps related to the data.
Interested in becoming a member? The Outcomes Advisory Council bi-weekly on Tuesday afternoons from 2:30-4pm. SIGN UP HERE or Contact the one of our Faculty Liaisons for more information:
Justin Hoshaw, Assistant Professor of Biology - email@example.com
Mike Moran, Assistant Professor of Human Services - firstname.lastname@example.org
2020-2021 OAC Meetings