Online courses are delivered in an asynchronous manner in which students learn 100% online through Waubonsee’s Learning Management System.
Because no physical presence is required for online courses, you should expect that occasionally you may have students from out of district, county, or even state. Waubonsee is a member of the Illinois Community Colleges Online (ILCCO) Internet Course Exchange (ICE) program and the National Council of State Authorization of Reciprocity Agreements (SARA).
SARA's policies help protect students and provide benefits to both states and institutions carrying out distance education in multiple states. About NC-SARA
- Courses should be delivered and available 100% asynchronously.
- Ensure that students have access to any external tools/technology that are being used.
- Interactions with students should be regular and substantive. This can include:
- Assessing or providing feedback on a student’s course work
- Providing information or responding to questions about the content of a course or competency
- Facilitating a group discussion regarding the content of a course or competency
- Synchronous delivery tools such as Zoom or Meet can be used, but should not be required. We recommend using these tools if you would like to offer online hours.