Integrity Statement for Waubonsee Community College
Waubonsee Community College believes that all members of the community (students, faculty, staff, and administrators) have a responsibility to participate in learning with honesty, respect, and integrity. We must commit to engage in learning both in and out of the classroom, value each member in our learning community, demonstrate original thought, and help foster ethical, open, safe learning environments for all.
Plagiarism Definition for Waubonsee Community College
Plagiarism, using your own or another person’s published or unpublished work by paraphrase or direct quotation without full and clear acknowledgement, is a serious breach of academic integrity, and is considered a breach of the Code of Student Conduct. The college expects that students will submit their original work, in their own words, representing their own ideas and judgements. Students will appropriately cite and document ideas, words and works used. Penalties for plagiarism will be determined by the instructor, the Dean for Students and/or the Student Conduct Board as the situation warrants.
How Respondus LockDown Browser Works
- Assessments are displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized
- Browser menu and toolbar options are removed, except for Back, Forward, Refresh and Stop
- Prevents access to other applications including messaging, screen-sharing, virtual machines, and remote desktops
- Printing and screen capture functions are disabled
- Copying and pasting anything to or from an assessment is prevented
- Right-click menu options, function keys, keyboard shortcuts and task switching are disabled
- An assessment cannot be exited until the student submits it for grading
- Assessments that are set up for use with LockDown Browser cannot be accessed with other browsers
Select your operating system below to download the LockDown Browser:
The LockDown browser is not compatible with Chromebooks.
Please review the following guides and resources before using the LockDown Browser.
Need additional help? Please register for an upcoming Respondus webinar.