Building on the success of the previously offered Inclusive Teaching for Equitable Learning (microcredential), the new Fostering a Culture of Belonging (FCB) course offers administrators, faculty, and staff the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of key DEI concepts and equips everyone with actionable practices they can immediately implement where everyone feels they belong. Additionally, the new FCB course expands on the “Embracing Diversity in Your Learning Environment” module from ACUE’s Effective Practice Framework endorsed by the American Council on Education (ACE).
View course dates and Register Here!
- Managing the Impact of Biases
- Reducing Microaggressions
- Addressing Imposter Phenomenon and Stereotype Threat
- Cultivating an Inclusive Environment
Great news! This course is completed through an ACUE Canvas shell. After you register, you will receive an invitation to join this Canvas course shell via email. ❗Please NOTE: ACUE courses are NOT accessible through your Waubosnee Canvas account on mywcc❗
Courses are facilitated by a team of professionals from ACUE and Waubonsee. Check out how each ACUE Role supports your learning and success.
10 Days Before the Course Starts:
- ACUE will send an email with a Canvas invite. ACUE’s Canvas site is different from Waubonsee’s Canvas site.
- Course takers should accept the invite immediately.
- Course takers should then go to the “Start Here” module and complete the four assigned items: a brief enrollment survey, create a profile, introduce self, and view a 10-minute video about ACUE Learning Design. Estimated module completion time is about 25 minutes.
- Course takers will participate in a one-hour launch party on Zoom the Saturday morning before the course begins.
Course Week 1 through 3:
- Day 1 - Start Module 1.
- Day 1 of Week 2 - Anyone who has not accepted the course invite will be dropped.
- Day 1 of Week 3 - Anyone who has not completed the Start Here survey and introduction will be dropped.