Participants who complete the ACUE Course in Effective Teaching Practices earn a Certificate in Effective College Instruction. If you also wish to earn graduate credit, the American Council on Education (ACE) offers a credit transcript for 3 graduate hours upon completion of additional coursework.
The additional assignments required to earn graduate credit are common teaching and learning artifacts. Here is an overview of the additional assignments:
- Develop a Syllabus for a course you currently teach or will teach in the future
- Develop a First-Day of Class Session Plan
- Develop an Interactive Class Session Plan
- Participate in online peer review for both class session plans and provide written feedback to one peer for each plan
- Create a Teaching Philosophy
- Develop a final Teaching Portfolio of these assignments and include key reflections completed as part of the course
Here is some additional information as you consider participating in the graduate credit aspect of the ACUE course:
- A separate Canvas course will contain a detailed syllabus, assignment directions, assignment rubrics, discussion boards, and assignment submission spaces to facilitate your completion.
- The course includes a recommended book on teaching practices with additional recommended readings.
- The graduate credit assignments will be graded by an educator designated by your university.
- ACE requires a small additional fee of $20 per person to register with ACE and get a transcript, and $15 for additional copies of transcripts.