- Faculty receive timely, meaningful feedback from students to improve teaching and learning.
- Faculty Development and Engagement utilizes the aggregated data from the common questions to provide timely, relevant faculty development programming based on Association of College and University Educators (ACUE’s) Effective Practice Framework Core Competencies.
- ACUE’s framework was designed to address core teaching competencies regardless of discipline and/or delivery mode.
- Were developed by a Faculty Excellence Team (FET) subcommittee, established September 2019, to evaluate previous instruments and processes related to Student Evaluation of Instruction.
- Final questions were vetted by FET and The Outcomes Advisory Council (OAC) faculty.
- Alignment to ACUE's Effective Practice Framework is indicated in parenthesis after each question.
- Questions 1-12 provide students the opportunity to explain their response in an open text box.
1. The instructor made it clear how the assignments, activities and assessments connected with the course learning outcomes. (1a, 1b, and 1c)
2. The syllabus was well organized and easy to understand which helped me succeed in this course. (1d)
3. The instructor clearly communicated course expectations (email, syllabus review, welcome video, etc.). (2a)
4. The instructor supported and sustained a safe and welcoming learning environment. (2b and 2g)
5. The instructor valued student contributions. (3c)
6. This course included a variety of teaching techniques to help me learn. (3a, 3b, 3c, 3d, and 3e)
7. The instructor provided me with learning/studying tools and techniques to help me learn. (4b, 4c, 4d, and 4e)
8. The instructor provided me with specific, timely, and useful feedback to improve my learning. (5c and 5d)
9. I worked to the best of my abilities in this course. (Student Reflection 1)
10. I made use of available opportunities for assistance. (Student Reflection 2)
11. My knowledge of the subject matter increased in this course. (Student Reflection 3)
12. Interactions with other students in this course contributed to my learning. (On campus or in my online learning environment/community)
13. What aspects of this course did you find most helpful in enabling you to meet the course goals?
14. What recommendations do you have for improving this course?
Aggregate Student Evaluation of Instruction Results
Overview of the Survey Tool in AEFIS (New this fall-students and faculty will be able to connect to wcc.aefis.net though Canvas by selecting the Course Evaluation icon on the course navigation menu)
(Please Note: Custom and tagged questions can be added up to the day prior to the evaluation launch date)