You can collaborate with your Waubonsee colleagues and students using Zoom. Options include video conferencing (both immediate and scheduled), audio conferencing, screen sharing, and chat. See Zoom’s Help documentation for more information.
Share Zoom Video
Zoom Meeting Controls
Please see the FERPA page for important Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act information.
Setup and Usage Recommendations
- 12 Game-Changing Zoom Hacks
- Getting Started with Breakout Rooms
- Getting started with Closed Captioning
- Should you require your students to turn their cameras on?
- Ways to be more inclusive in zoom teaching
- Zoom Best Practices and Tips (WIU)
- Zoom's Comprehensive Guide to Educating Through Zoom
- Zoom Features for Teachers
What you can do to address Zoom meeting security concerns:
- Make sure that to update the Zoom meeting software on your computer if prompted to do so (refer to the attachment for an example of this notification)
- Do not post Zoom meeting information on social media sites, or other public forums
- Only accept Zoom meeting requests from people you know, or people you are expecting a request from (If in doubt, contact the sender to confirm)
- Require a password for joining meetings (this is enabled by default, but can be checked by accessing https://waubonsee.zoom.us/ and navigating to the settings tab)