We invite you to consider joining the Faculty Excellence Team (FET) for a one-to two-year term! We always have an exciting list of projects to discuss and complete.
As you may know, programming for the FDD are developed by the FET. If you are excited about these recent changes, please join us to help make them even more engaging, meaningful and inspirational.
The FET is also charged with identifying and developing Professional Development (PD) workshops, activities and webinars as part of the Teaching Excellence Series. If you have an interest in this or ideas you would like to share, come join us and help to improve the training and development of all faculty.
In addition to FDD and other faculty development programming, FET members are also responsible for sharing information and faculty development opportunities with their constituency colleagues, in a systematic and meaningful way, and for actively soliciting their comments, ideas and questions to bring to FET. In other words, FET members serve as a reliable conduit for valuable, critical conversations on all facets of teaching and learning at Waubonsee. Finally, FET members serve on and/or lead sub-committees for FDD programming and/or on those that address needs related to any facet of teaching and learning at Waubonsee. For example, a FET Subcommittee developed a new 3-year curriculum for the New Faculty Learning Academy, which was implemented in fall 2019.
FET is led by the two Faculty Development Coordinators and Adjunct Faculty Development Coordinator who collectively serve as Tri-Chairs.
- Amy Chaaban, Associate Professor of Information Systems, and Faculty Development Coordinator
- Sara Gregory, Adjunct Faculty, Humanities and Music, and Adjunct Faculty Development Coordinator
- Amy Powers, Professor of History, and Faculty Development Coordinator
FET membership is designed to have every academic division and all faculty represented so that your voices are heard.
- Joshua Mattern, Assistant Professor of English Developmental Education (2-year term, expires May 2023)
- Maribeth Brown, Assistant Professor of Mathematics Developmental Education (2-year term, expires May 2022)
Business Technology, and Workforce Education
- Justin Kline, Instructor of Computer Information Systems and Cybersecurity (2-year term, expires May 2023)
- Tim Moriarty, Assistant Professor of Information Systems (1-year term, expires May 2022)
Educational Affairs Administrators, Liaisons to Joint Instructional Council
- Nora Silvia, Assistant Dean for Health Professions and Public Service (2-year term, expires May 2022)
- John Metych III, Assistant Dean for Liberal Arts (2-year term, expires May 2023)
Education & Workforce Development & Academic Support, Adjunct Faculty
- Laura Collard, Adjunct Faculty - Academic Support
- Quentin Dover, Adjunct Faculty - Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Sarah Dunne, Adjunct Faculty - Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Debra Gardner, Adjunct Faculty - Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Robert Krueger, Adjunct Faculty - Business, Technology, and Workforce Education
- Jenny Martinez, Adjunct Faculty - Adult Education
- Lisa Matich, Adjunct Faculty - Health Professions and Public Service
Full-time Faculty Counselor
- Dave Barreto, Counselor/Associate Professor (2-year term, expires May 2022)
Health Professions & Public Service
- Sharon Erickson, Assistant Professor of Nursing (2-year term, expires May 2022)
- Monica Smogur, Associate Instructor of Nursing (2-year term, expires May 2022)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Elior Iseli, Instructor of Economics (2-year term, expires May 2023)
- Emily Heller, Assistant Professor of Kinesiology and Health Education (2-year term, expires May 2022)
- Justin Hoshaw, Associate Professor of Biology (1-year term, expires May 2022)
- Jeanne McDonald, Professor of English (2-year term, expires May 2023)
- Jon Nichols, Assistant Professor of English (2-year term, expires May 2022)
- Sheela Vemu, Associate Professor of Biology (2-year term, expires May 2022)
The Office of Faculty Development & Engagement
- Hoitung Terry Leung, Instructional Designer / Technologist
- Ryan Maloney, Instructional Technology and Media Specialist
- Eamon Newman, Assistant Dean for Online Learning and Flexible Delivery
- Laura Ortiz, Dean for Faculty Development and Engagement
- Angelia Williams, Administrative Coordinator for Faculty Development and Engagement
If you would like to join us, please email one of the following coordinators. We look forward to working with you to advance faculty excellence.