We invite you to consider joining the Faculty Excellence Team (FET) for a one-to two-year term beginning this 2020-2021 Academic year! We already have an exciting list of projects to discuss and complete.
The first is to design the upcoming 2021 Spring Faculty Development Days (FDD) program. As you may know, programming for the FDD are developed by the FET. If you are excited about these recent changes, please join us to help make them even more engaging, meaningful and inspirational.
The FET is also charged with identifying and developing Professional Development (PD) workshops, activities and webinars as part of the Teaching Excellence Series. If you have an interest in this or ideas you would like to share, come join us and help to improve the training and development of all faculty.
There will also be an opportunity to create recommendations for changes to the questions and procedures involved in Student Course Evaluations.
In addition to FDD and other faculty development programming, FET members are also responsible for sharing information and faculty development opportunities with their constituency colleagues, in a systematic and meaningful way, and for actively soliciting their comments, ideas and questions to bring to FET. In other words, FET members serve as a reliable conduit for valuable, critical conversations on all facets of teaching and learning at Waubonsee. Finally, FET members serve on and/or lead sub-committees for FDD programming and/or on those that address needs related to any facet of teaching and learning at Waubonsee. For example, a FET Subcommittee developed a new 3-year curriculum for the New Faculty Learning Academy, which was implemented in fall 2019.
This Fall, FET will meet on Fridays from 9 to 11 a.m. In the interest of safety and consistency, we have decided to hold our meetings via Zoom. The dates are as follows:
- September 11
- October 2
- November 6
- December 4 (if needed)
FET membership is designed to have every academic division represented so that your voices are heard.
- Joshua Mattern, Assistant Professor of English Developmental Education (2-year term, expires May 2021)
- Vacant (2-year term, expires May 2022)
Business & Career Technologies
- Amy Chaaban, Assistant Professor of Information Systems (2-year term, expires May 2022)
- Joe Kloke, Instructor of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (2-year term, expires May 2021)
Communications, Humanities & Arts
- Todd Laufenberg, Assistant Professor of English (2-year term, expires May 2021)
- Jon Nichols, Instructor of English (2-year term, expires May 2022)
Educational Affairs Administrators, Liaisons to Joint Instructional Council
- Dr. Janette Funaro, Dean for Social Sciences, Education and World Languages (2-year term, expires May 2021)
- Vacant (2-year term, expires May 2022)
Education & Workforce Development & Academic Support
- Deb Gardner, Psychology (One-year term, expires May 2021, option to renew for a second year)
- Robert Krueger, Accounting (One-year term, expires May 2021, option to renew for a second year)
- Jenny Siegfried, Adult Education (One-year term, expires May 2021, option to renew for a second year)
- Joseph Turner, Art (One-year term, expires May 2021, option to renew for a second year)
Full-time Faculty Counselor
- Dave Barreto, Counselor/Associate Professor (2-year term, expires May 2022)
Health Professions & Public Service
- Joshua Brown, Instructor of Nursing (2-year term, expires May 2020)
- Monica Smogur, Associate Instructor of Nursing (2-year term, expires May 2022)
Mathematics & Sciences
- Justin Hoshaw, Assistant Professor of Biology (2-year term, expires May 2021)
- Dr. Sheela Vemu, Assistant Professor of Biology (2-year term, expires May 2022)
Social Sciences, Education, & World Languages
- Jason Chatman, Instructor of Sociology (2-year term, expires May 2021)
- Dr. Emily Heller, Instructor of Kinesiology and Health Education (2-year term, expires May 2022)
The Office of Faculty Development & Engagement
- Dr. Hoitung Terry Leung, Instructional Designer / Technologist
- Eamon Newman, Assistant Dean for Online Learning and Flexible Delivery
- Dr. Laura Ortiz, Dean for Faculty Development and Engagement
- Angelia Williams, Administrative Specialist for Faculty Development and Engagement
If you would like to join us, please email one of the following coordinators. We look forward to working with you to advance faculty excellence.