We invite you to consider joining the Faculty Excellence Team (FET) for a one-to two-year term beginning this 2019-2020 Academic year! We already have an exciting list of projects to discuss and complete.
The first is to design the upcoming 2020 Spring Faculty Development Days (FDD) program. As you may know, programming for the last two FDD was developed by the FET. If you are excited about these recent changes, please join us to help make them even more engaging, meaningful and inspirational.
The FET is also charged with identifying and developing Professional Development (PD) workshops, activities and webinars as part of the Teaching Excellence Series. If you have an interest in this or ideas you would like to share, come join us and help to improve the training and development of all faculty.
There will also be an opportunity to create recommendations for changes to the questions and procedures involved in Student Course Evaluations.
In addition to FDD and other faculty development programming, FET members are also responsible for sharing information and faculty development opportunities with their constituency colleagues, in a systematic and meaningful way, and for actively soliciting their comments, ideas and questions to bring to FET. In other words, FET members serve as a reliable conduit for valuable, critical conversations on all facets of teaching and learning at Waubonsee. Finally, FET members serve on and/or lead sub-committees for FDD programming and/or on those that address needs related to any facet of teaching and learning at Waubonsee. For example, last year, a FET Subcommittee developed a new 3-year curriculum for the New Faculty Learning Academy, which is being implemented this fall.
Our meetings are full of lively discussion and always include a fully catered breakfast! FET typically meets 3-4 times per semester, on Fridays from 9 to 11 a.m. in Bodie Hall. The fall meeting dates are as follows:
- September 13 (Bodie 147)
- October 4 (Bodie 147)
- November 1 (Bodie 150)
- December 6 (if needed - Bodie 150)
FET membership is designed to have every academic division represented so that your voices are heard.
- Joshua Mattern, Assistant Professor of English Developmental Education (2-year term, expires May 2021)
- Jo Lynn Theobald, Assistant Professor of Mathematics Developmental Education (2-year term, expires May 2020)
Business & Career Technologies
- Brandon Blagg, Instructor of Manufacturing Technology (1-year term, expires May 2020)
- Joe Kloke, Instructor of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (2-year term, expires May 2021)
Communications, Humanities & Arts
- Vicky Archos, Assistant Professor of Communications (2-year term, expires May 2020)
- Todd Laufenberg, Assistant Professor of English (2-year term, expires May 2021)
Educational Affairs Administrators, Liaisons to Joint Instructional Council
- Dr. Janette Funaro, Dean for Social Sciences, Education and World Languages (2-year term, expires May 2021)
- Lorrie Stahl, Assistant Dean for Mathematics and Sciences (2-year term, expires May 2020)
Education & Workforce Development & Academic Support
- Sara Gregory, Music/Humanities (One-year term, expires May 2020, option to renew for a second year)
- Ruby Kaur, Biology (One-year term, expires May 2020, option to renew for a second year)
- Michelle McBrady, Humanities (One-year term, expires May 2020, option to renew for a second year)
- Nick Trikolas, Developmental Mathematics (One-year term, expires May 2020, option to renew for a second year)
Full-time Faculty Counselor
- Kristin Santillan, Counselor/Assistant Professor (2-year term, expires May 2020)
Health Professions & Public Service
- Joshua Brown, Instructor of Nursing (2-year term, expires May 2020)
- Marjie Schoolfield, Associate Professor of Nursing/Program Director (1-year term, expires May 2020)
Mathematics & Sciences
- Dr. Pratima Jindal, Assistant Professor of Physics (2-year term, expires May 2020)
- Justin Hoshaw, Assistant Professor of Biology (2-year term, expires May 2021)
Social Sciences, Education, & World Languages
- Jason Chatman, Instructor of Sociology (2-year term, expires May 2021)
- Steve Zusman, Assistant Professor of Philosophy (2-year term, expires May 2020)
The Office of Faculty Development & Engagement
- Dr. Hoitung Terry Leung, Instructional Designer / Technologist
- Eamon Newman, Assistant Dean for Online Learning and Flexible Delivery
- Dr. Laura Ortiz, Dean for Faculty Development and Engagement
- Angelia Williams, Administrative Specialist for Faculty Development and Engagement
If you would like to join us, please email one of the following coordinators. We look forward to working with you to advance faculty excellence.