Outcomes Assessment Liaison Assignment Guidelines
The Outcomes Assessment Liaison is a special one to two-year faculty assignment for two full-time faculty. At the end of the first year, an assessment will be made to determine if there will be a second-year appointment. Outcomes Assessment Liaisons will report to the Dean for Learning Outcomes, Curriculum and Program Development.
The assignment begins fall term with six hours of release time provided for both the fall and spring semesters. Though the release time hours had been reduced to three each semester when an Assessment Coordinator was assisting with our college-wide efforts, most of those duties will be taken up by the two faculty liaisons. (See details below.) A total of 12 hours of release time is provided for two Outcomes Assessment Liaisons annually.
Since this assignment is equivalent to two three-credit hour credit classes in the fall and spring semesters, the expected time devoted to this role should be comparable to that of preparing for and delivering two 3 semester hour courses.
Expected time commitment:
6 hours release time: 10-15 hours per week
While the work schedule will be flexible, depending on outcomes assessment planning and needs, the schedule will not necessarily align completely with the time when classes are in session, as some activities and planning will need to occur just prior to the start of the semester or at the end of a semester.
The primary responsibility of this special assignment is to provide faculty leadership for the assessment of student learning. The Outcomes Assessment Liaisons will be charged with the responsibility of advancing the college’s goals to foster excellence in teaching and learning and to promote student success. The Outcomes Assessment Faculty Liaison will work with faculty and Educational Affairs administrators in advancing the goals and initiatives in the Educational Affairs plan related to the assessment of student learning.
Specific duties of this special assignment will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide support for the assessment of student learning at the course, program/discipline and college level.
- Through professional development offerings and one-on-one assistance, provide support to faculty in the design of assessment methods, data collection, analysis and continuous improvement at the course, program/discipline and institutional level.
- Assist in the implementation of the AEFIS Assessment Management System.
- Serve as the co-leader for the Outcomes Advisory Council; set goals and objectives and facilitate all meetings (3.0 hours per month).
- Meet weekly with the Dean to discuss challenges, develop processes and share ideas for implementing new approaches to assessment for learning. (4.0 hours per month).
- Work with the Faculty Development and Engagement team to connect assessment of student learning to faculty professional development.
If you are interested in the Assessment Liaison Assignment, which begins Fall 2021, please submit your letter of interest via the form below by Monday, April 5th. Please include in your letter the knowledge, skills, experience, and/or ideas that you would bring to this role, and what you would hope to learn from this experience, both personally and professionally.